May 14th, 2007
Want to test the new Webwag mobile extension? Then go to http://beta.webwag.com and use your webwag account (or create one!).
There only are few handsets officially supported (N70, K750, K800, LG Chocolote, Sagem My800x) but should work on more handsets, just try it, and let us know the results.
- Register and create your webwag account
- Add the widgets you like in your page
- Add them into your “mobile screen”. To open your mobile screen, click on the “mobile” icon on the top left, or click on the “mobile” icon on the existing box.
- “save and install” will send you an installation SMS that you should receive within minutes with a link to download it on your mobile. On most of the handsets, the link will be selectable within the SMS. On some handsets (like the LG, Motorola) you can use this link from a specific menu from the SMS message.
If you have problems receiving the SMS, let us now
Feedback, issue, just email us at: email@example.com
* Are all widgets available from Web and mobile?
No, only a subset of existing widgets are today available on mobile:
* Is it the same widget running on web wand mobile?
The widgets use the same data, but are different, because of size issue.
* But why not having just a web browser running these mobile widgets?
Because first, technically very few handset have the capacities to run complex widgets within browser, and also because we think that usage are different from web and mobile.
* Do you plan to support more handsets?
Of course, we are already working on this.
* Waow, sounds so cool, how can I participate and create my own widget?
The SDK is not yet public, but just email us and we will notify you when ready (firstname.lastname@example.org)